Friday, May 11, 2012

Mitt Romney: Once a Bully, Always a Bully

What does a bully look like? I don't know. Do you? The attack Mitt Romney participated in upon a gay student all those years ago bears haunting similarities to dozens of stories we see in the news each year. It calls to mind the type of intolerance and ignorance that led to the torture and murder of  Matthew Shepard. America is changing. Becoming a better and more tolerant place. Votes like the one taken in North Carolina this week to ban gay civil unions belies that fact, but it is a fact. Bullies are bullies, always have been. I suspect it's just something that is in one's heart and character, to see the weak, the vulnerable, and the different as less than human or less than deserving of the respect we expect to be shown to ourselves and those we care about. Someone with that type of character weakness is not qualified to be the President of all the people of America, and I think that's probably fine with Mitt Romney, who has no intention of being the President of ALL the people of America. Once a bully, always a bully. 


"They came upon Lauber, tackled him and pinned him to the ground. As Lauber, his eyes filling with tears, screamed for help, Romney repeatedly clipped his hair with a pair of scissors."

Read more http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/closeread/2012/05/mitt-romney-bully.html#ixzz1ubSrIiLF



More webcomics




Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Electing a cocky, sadistic sociopath to our nation's highest office would leave little doubt that our moralistic utterings about the evil terrorists are just so much hot air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure we all can enjoy the humor in this report and also see some reasons to vote for Romney. Here is a man who loves his family, who loves his pets, who can think on his feet, and who knows how to get rid of stinky stuff. I hope we voters know as much.
    Scott Crider's vision to see an opportunity for financial gain and his ability to take advantage of it to make money speaks volumes for the opportunities afforded to all by our capitalist economy where bright people can turn ideas into money. I suspect the reporter from the Globe who broke the story wishes he'd seen the opportunity to profit off the event.
    Further examining the incident with some wisdom and knowledge about dogs may reveal a true area of concern. Maybe, those not fortunate enough to have been born and raised in the South have never seen a dog in the back of a pickup truck before. All southerners know how much most dogs love the wind in their face, so the only thing that could be wrong in the incident as described would be the construction of the windshield. Did it provide access to fresh air or not? That would be the real concern for the dog.
    Those trying to benefit politically from the incident must assume that dogs would prefer to be cooped up in a car with them instead of out in the fresh air. Undoubtedly, dogs prefer fresh air to some of the smelly stuff politicians keep putting out. But, before I get too repulsed by Romney's cold-blooded act of preventing his dog from enjoying the wind in his face, I suppose, I need to investigate the blue prints for the windshield. Maybe, I should also call Mr. Crider to make certain that he is not donating the profits from the website. Or, I could just create a website called PAW, People Against Windshields or Proper Animal Windshields, to try my hand at making money. You ready to buy PAW T-shirts? (You ready to buy anything these particular politicians are putting out? You ready to read more posts by me?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure, I'll read more. Go ahead and drop a link to your source. I'm not sure I'm following your line of reasoning on how people in the South feel about dogs versus everywhere else, but lay it on me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please let me know if you're looking for a author for your weblog. You have some really good articles and I think I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd
    love to write some material for your blog in exchange for a
    link back to mine. Please send me an e-mail if interested.
    Thank you!
    Here is my web blog ; http://emi-lvh.jbcourse.com/user/view.php?id=3295&course=1

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets